Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Brief Race Weekend Recap


Looking back at a dissapointing race weekend I have plenty of things I need to work on, yet I still need to keep my head up and welcome the pain train these upcoming weeks. It was tough to take at first, when I know I'm just as strong as all the other riders, there was just a few things that held me back. Most notably the fit on the soulcraft was not right, causing my cadence to suffer as well as my hamstrings.It also prompted me to continually tinker to get the "right" fit, which wasn't found throughout the three races. But excuses are like assholes, everyone has them. Time to toughen up.

But it was great to meet some new folks that ride bikes, and get reintroduced with others that I already knew. Super-Sweet to watch this dude sprint for all the preams, while pissing off the pack.It was freaking great. He rode like an unstoppable rebel force. Nice weekend bro!

1 comment:

bryan said...

hey, still one more road race before the season's done -- you can be ready to rip it up by then.