Monday, August 4, 2008

Sunny Side Up

I think for the first time in quite a while, I did about all I wanted to do in a given week. I ate well, played with the pup, and was on the bike a bit. A bit meaning every single day. I just can't get enough of it. With Wednesday night road rides chock-full of gear chatter and electrolyte banter, It's always essential to get out on a good soul searching ride.(on a Soulcraft mind you).

So Friday I pedaled to Lincoln and back for a 115 mile death march, and I loved every moment of it. I intended to leave in the wee hours of the morning ahem intended is the key word here. After waking at nine thirty, bummed that I missed out on the golden hours of summer bike riding, I proceeded to pedal on up to Sweet Magnolia's for a delicious pastry,a multi-berry scone to be exact. Perhaps it was the scone's flaky buttery crust; or the soft, yet steaming berries oozing from it's core that lifted me from an overslept slumber.I departed at eleven thirty, well aware of the heat I would now face.

But I didn't care,ya know. Some days it could be pouring down rain or winds that make you shake in their shimano's, you just crave to get on the bike and pound until you can't see straight.Nothing seems to matter, and nothing can deter your desire to get out.

After that glorious day in the saddle,Lucas treated me to a lovely dinner at the cafe, some nice conversation but no goodnight kiss.

Sat and Sun were a delight as well, delivery was in full effect with evening humidity skirmishes that left me with a soggy bottom and calloused hands. Some instances made me pant like a Doberman in the silly heat of the night,as hills brought on new obstacles that the heat seemed to orchestrate.Overall a good test for the weekend. One that will creep back into the mind when all seems lost, and remind you that you can overcome.

No comments: