Friday, May 22, 2009

Saddle sores and tired legs

There will be plenty of both by the end of tomorrow. If you want to contribute, show up at the Blue Line no later than 7:00 a.m. tomorrow. By 7:10 a.m. we will be gone and on our way to the Wabash trailhead. We will depart the Wabash trailhead by 8:15 a.m. for a trip to the MO border. We will then turn around and ride north till we poop out. Then my wife will rescue me, and another guy that's riding with me, at whatever town we make it to at the bitter end. All other riders will need to make their own arrangements to get home, make it back under their own power, or turn around on the Wabash before it's too late.

Lancing your saddle sores will be your responsibility as well.

6 comments:

Vernon J said...

Hey, this is Vernon J.

Are you doing the BRAN this year?

Vernon Davis
422 N. 40th St.
Omaha, NE 68131

Scott Redd said...

Sounds fun! Roxanne and I will see you at the BLC at 7am. We'll ride at least to the Wabash Trace trailhead and back... maybe down the gravel a little if I can sweet talk her into it. We have some stuff to get done tomorrow, so we'll need to head back before we get too far.

Scott Redd said...

Hey Vernon:

I've never done a big group ride like that, though I'd like to someday. The longest I've ridden at once was 130 miles over a long weekend.

Come on out and join us tomorrow. Also, don't forget to Tweet to me a picture of your bike (@scottredd). I'm going to put all the pics I get into a blog post.

Scott Redd said...

Roxanne and I enjoyed our 42 miles with y'all this morning. Here are my photos from the ride.

One thing I learned for sure: the stock saddle on the old Schwinn 10-speed is only good for about 30 miles. Ouch.

Thanks for a good time!

Scott Redd said...

Hey Bob and Phil:

Did you guys make it back OK? How many miles did you log?

Biker Bob/Runner Bob said...

Yup... made it back. Keli (my wife) picked us up in Shenendoah on our way back from the MO border.

Good times.